The Jubilee party has announced changes to various Senate committees’ membership and leadership with a majority of DP William Ruto losing chairmanship positions in the Committee.
Senate Chief Whip Irungu Kangata, accompanied by Jubilee Secretary General Raphael Tuju, made this announcement.
Here is the list of the changes:
- Meru Senator Mithika Linturi will be replaced by Senate’s Deputy Majority Leader Fatuma Dullo in the Senate’s Public Accounts and Investments Committee.
- Laikipia Senator John Kinyua is no longer the chairman of the Devolution committee and becomes a members of the ICT committee.
- Samson Cherargei has been dewhipped from the Justice and Legal Affairs Committee and has been replaced by Senator Kithure Kindiki. He has been moved to the Powers and Privileges committee
- Bomet Senator Christopher Langat will be replaced by Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja in the Senate Business Committee. He has also been removed from the Senate’s Education Committee and will be replaced by Alice Milgo.
- Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen has been selected to the Devolution committee.
The Committees where the chairpersons were dewhipped or moved to other committees, will have to hold new elections to elect new chairpersons.